9/11/08

Thoughts on the seventh anniversary of 9/11

Seven years ago today, our country was rocked with the news of a terrorist attack on the twin towers in New York. I can still remember the feeling of grief and sadness as I and other mourned the loss of people we didn't even know. I remember the uncertainty that I felt, the fear and the sorrow. I remember the shock and horror of the images that I saw as our fellow countrymen were killed senselessly. That was seven years ago and yet the memory is still fresh in my mind.

As I went about my business today, I've had great joy because of all that God is doing in our city and our church. He is moving and touching lives like never before. In the midst of all my to-do's I have had a deep sense that I need to remember. While we cannot change what happened seven years ago we can do some things to honor and remember those who died without need and those who died as heroes.

With that in mind here are some things we should do today:
  • Make sure and tell the ones you love, how much you love them... Many people didn't get that chance.
  • Be thankful for what you have and don't focus on what you don't... Many people would trade it all to have what you have.
  • Say a prayer for the families of those who lost a loved one... Their memories and pain run far deeper than ours.
  • Pray for the soldiers... they have given their lives to keep us safe from this happening again.
  • Pray for the family of soldiers... they have given their mom's, dad's, husbands, wives, children, brothers and sisters to make sure we are safe.
Take a moment today and remember. Pray and ask God to continue to heal our nation and to bring salvation. Honor those who gave their lives with your time and prayers today!

No comments: