5/20/08

Recharge yourself


Every night I walk into my room stand by my bed, pick up a cord and plug it into my precious blackberry. I then give it a kiss good night and tuck it into its own little bed, so that like me it too can recharge for another day.

I'm totally joking about the above ritual, but one this is true you've got to plug most things in to recharge them. For me I've got to unplug to recharge and this last weekend was exactly that. Normally it takes me several days to unwind and unplug, but I forced myself this weekend to do it in several hours.

Within several hours of vacation I forced myself to not twitter, blog or text. After awhile the shakes began and I was craving some twitter action, but I filled my time up with Rock Back, Mexican train and Canadian sorry (my family is very multicultural).

The result of unplugging? One of the most relaxing few days I've had in a long time. I took several naps, had lots of laughs and even went on a long walk with my wife. Now I'm back to the office ready to blog, twitter, and text.

All of need to take opportunities to unplug and unwind. It keeps us fresh and renews our passion for what we do. Make sure you take opportunities to do so. This weekend is Memorial Day and most will have Monday off. It would be wise to put away the phone and technology and just be with those you love.

No comments: