4/7/08

Sunday Snapshots

This weekend marked the second youth service on a Sunday and first my wife was able to come to. She was sick last week :-(. Once again it was an incredible service from the world altering effort put forth by the volunteers to the energy and passion from the young people. It was inspiring once again. Here are the "SNAPSHOTS FROM SUNDAY":
  • Our Jr. High 9am service doubled! 1st week - 4. This week - 9! The word is getting out!
  • Our 11am service had 73 total people again.
  • The Foyer team looked awesome in their shirts again. Those people created more energy that a nuclear blast. :-)
  • Again I was so ignited by the dedication and passion the volunteers brought. And the superstar volunteer of the week is.... Check back later this week.
  • The Guitar Hero 3 intro with my brother was hilarious.
  • Left my phone in my car so I was unable to twitter during service :-(.
  • The worship team did an incredible job last week. Shout out to production as well! They fixed the broken speaker and it sounded much better this week.
  • The worship video with the Jeremy Riddle song "Sweetly Broken" totally set the stage for the message.
  • I Heart Guitar Solos
  • Message title and my true feelings. Worship is less about the how, how it sounds, looks, feels, and more about the who.
  • We are transformed into the image of WHO we worship. That's why we should be more concerned about the who (and I don't mean the band, rockers unite!) and the how.
  • The response from the message was awesome. 3 people lifted their hands to give their life to Christ (rededications).
  • In response to the message about having a heart for worship we did and old school song, "The Heart of Worship." There were no words on the screen, but you could still feel the presence of God.
  • Once again just and incredible change and you can feel the energy and momentum. My wife was so excited and that the change is totally God because of the new people and salvations.
  • 5 first time guests!
  • Went to the race car unveiling. Tons of people. Pastor Jeff looked awesome in his race outfit. The car rocks too!
  • ROCK BAND! Played it at the car unveil and then dropped by my parents after helping my Papa with his house and there it was again. We played till late then my sis and Tess stayed the night with Gia.
  • Can't wait till next weeks service. I HEART NOW.

2 comments:

TeishaW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TeishaW said...

I wish i could be there for the "i <3 now" message! my llama shows always happen at the worst times! but at least i'll be able to hear about it on pastor jeff, and your blog. I hate missing sundays! it is hard for me to go one week without church!