4/10/08

The Thursday Morning Poll 2



The results are in, your vote has been counted and on this Blog it counts. There will be no recount :-). The winner of the most shocking unknown fact is... there are 27 million slaves in the world today. Fifty percent (15 votes) voted for this fact. 33% of people voted for the fact that more people in the world know what the Golden Arches are as opposed to the Christian cross. 10% of voters thought that 1/5 of the world lives on less than a dollar a day was the most shocking fact. And in last place 6% of voters thought that the fact that 1/3 of the worlds population is at war was the most shocking fact. All of these facts are incredibly tragic and need our constant prayer and attention.

For this weeks poll, we are going to go with a lighter note. I figured with the return of my sisters favorite band (if you can call them that) growing up we should vote on who is the greatest boy band of all time! If you haven't heard New Kids On The Block is doing a reunion tour! All the teeny boppers from the Eighties give out a big YAY!!! (The Stone Temple Pilots are doing a reunion tour, but that's not as big of a deal in the media. I used to rock the STP back in the day) So here is our poll which you can vote on in the top right corner of the Blog.

Who is the greatest boy band of all time?

  • NSYNC (YAY JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, JOEY, JC, LANCE and the other guy)
  • Backstreet Boys (Go guys I don't know who any of you are)
  • New Kids On The Block
  • Boyz II Men
  • 98 Degrees
Rock the vote! You have one week to decide. Choose carefully!

9 comments:

Karen P said...

Not even close. What about the Beattles or the Tempations. Come on.

Travis said...

Lol good call Karen, sorry. BUT the beattles didnt dance in a choreographed manner. The temptations may have but were they all guys? I cant remember. :-)

Karen P said...

Did the Tempations dance in a coreographed manner, your education is certainly lacking.

Heather said...

Hello...where is New Edition?!?!?!?!

Travis said...

Yes my education is lacking Karen in the manner of the Temptations. Were they an all guy band or mix gendered. Heather, I tried to edit the poll and could not.

I realize I am missing the following:

New Addition
The Temptations (pending further investigation)
The Jackson 5
Seven Dollar Mail-in rebate (a boy band comprised of the Rock Church elders, they only had one show, but it rocked)

If I have missed any other boy band worthy of mention comment their name and I will tally the vote in my final results that will be posted next Thursday.

Shanna Habich said...

Ahhh...where is Duran Duran?
The Cure?
Bon Jovi?
I'm not voting. I call for a BOYcott. No pun intended.

Travis said...

I'm sorry. STOP YELLING AT ME!!! Just kidding :-). Shana Don't hate, don't hate. I'm from a different generation by like 3 years, but still different.

I'm working on a post titled generationalism - it's hating on a different generation because well they're different. You will all have to check it out when I post it.

Idea (light bulb above head) I will post a new poll titled best old school boy band and the winner of the new school boy band will battle royal the old school boy band next Thursday for a winner takes all death match!!!!!!!!!

Vote there!

Dr Kenny said...

The Beatles of course...oh this may date me but they are hands down IT....IT...IT!!! :-p
They were THE Boys before their time and made music that is still playing from commercials, movies, radio, to elevators...LEGACY must be measured by LONGEVITY and Creative Genius, plus there membership didn't change, like the Temptations or other more popular groups... I am still amazed at the songs we hum or hear...and the technical creativity they brought with such low-tech equipment and electronics as we have today. They were the first band to orchestrate on their traks behind what they were playing, most don't know that.
Plus overdubbing and layering their mastered soundtracks. Wow!

Travis said...

I agree that the Beatles were off the chain good. They would probably get my vote for one of the greatest bands of all time, but because they didn't have choreographed dances and could actually play instruments :-) they are not considered a boy band for this poll.

Could you imagine the controversy I would stir up if next weeks poll was the greatest band of all time? Surely there would be some near web fist fights over who made it and who didn't. Hmmm! I will toy with the notion :-).