4/3/08

The Thursday Morning Poll

Cue the music! Today I am beginning a new tradition for the Travis Warren Blog. We have 6:30 am prayer and then I go to my office and I got to thinking today, why not do a poll every Thursday after prayer. The other voice in my head said, "that's a great idea!" So from now on, beginning today there will be a new poll every Thursday. In the poll we will tackle some tough questions and some "tough" questions ;-). They will be related to life, ministry, society and whatever else the voices in my head are saying (just kidding of course, that's the Yerba Mate tea talking).

Today's poll is about...

I'm casually reading a book called 50 facts that should change the world and it's all about crazy facts that we don't think about. Here's a few:
  • 1/3 of the world is at war
  • 30 million people in Africa are HIV positive
  • More than 150 countries use torture
  • There are 27 million slaves in the world today
It's not the most positive read, but it certainly gives me a sense of purpose in brining to the world the message of hope and that there is a Savior that can redeem you from the atrocities that we see every day. This book is stirring me to action and prayer. We need to always be communication the message of hope and love to everyone we see. Today's poll is about this book and the facts in it. It's not a very uplifting book and it's filled with well "interesting" opinions about these fact, so I don't recommend it. It is a good book for bringing awareness to how bad it really is and how much the world really needs the message that sustains us.

2 comments:

KyleDavis said...

I'm confussed on the part where this is a poll lol

Travis said...

Top right corner of the Blog. U in San Fran?