4/24/08

The Thursday Morning Poll 4

And the winner of the greatest boy band eva title given by traviswarren.net and all my peeps is...

Jackson 5!!! It looks like the old school era won out over the new school. People could not deny the fact that one of the boy bands that started it all was the greatest. While it was a close race in the end Jackson 5 pulled it off with 29 or 54% of the votes with Boyz II Men only amassing 24 or 45% of the votes.

Here is the new Thursday morning poll. I'm a huge sports fan and with the NFL draft coming up on Saturday I think we need to vote on what is your favorite traditional sport to watch. We will do an extreme sport poll at a later date.

I played baseball for 12 years. It was my main sport, but not my favorite sport to watch. Here are the contestants and we are talking professional sports not collegiate:
  • Baseball
  • Hockey
  • Basketball
  • Football
  • Golf
  • Soccer
  • Other
  • Sports? ... Yeah right!
  • Curling?
I realize that there are many other traditional sports out there. For this poll I choose those most televised because they have the greatest popularity. Popularity=viewers=money=television is my reasoning behind that. If there is a traditional sport you enjoy watching vote other and post what it is in the comment section. I'd love to know what you watch!

8 comments:

Karen P said...

Hockey is the ultimate spectator sport. It is fast paced, the action never stops the skill of the players is amaazing - you try stepping in front of a froozen piece of rubber that is flying at you at over 100 mph will standing on a pair of skates.

Even if you don't know the rules you have to appreciate the skill they have.

Travis said...

I agree Hockey is super fun to watch especially during playoffs. It is one of my fav's to watch live. Good strategy, good fights, good times!

Karen P said...

did you know that there are actually more fights in baseball now then there is in professional hockey? Yep.

Travis said...

I did not know that, baseball fights are always crazy with the amount of people, but I like hockey fights more. They are tough!

Karen P said...

I just realized that if you log in to a different IP address you can vote multiple times. Lets see how many hot spots can I hit in one week :-)

TeishaW said...

Faveorite sport to watch: other

Either llama showning, or snowboarding. but snowboarding doesn't reall cont cause its hard to watch unless you are sittng in the middle of the train park, which would not be very safe. or on tv...

Anonymous said...

i Went to a hockey game once. it was lot of fun! although, it was a all nighter party an we did so many events that when we went to the hockey game i was tired and just wanted the dude behind me to stop yelling at the opposite team over and over again!!

Heather said...

Honestly, I love to watch sports live and am not so keen on the t.v. thing. However, when Chris and I were in Mexico, we watched soccer a lot, all officiated in spanish. LOVED it!!! When someone scores they yell "goaaaaallll, goal, goal, goal....!!!!" It really doesn't translate, you have to hear it for yourself. :) So that's my new fave - second runner up is football! I love the sound of helmets crashing into one another!