7/7/08

Day 1 - Freedom from guilt and condemnation

One of the number one reasons we do not overcome sin and weakness in our lives is we still feel guilty or what the bible calls condemnation for those things we've done. Guilt will hold you back and rob you from the destiny God has placed in your life. Today because of what Jesus did on the cross you can be free of all guilt and condemnation. In fact God wants you free of guilt so that you can life a life of peace and freedom.

I love what David says in Psalm 32:5 NLT, "Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, "I will confess my rebellion to the Lord." And you forgave me! ALL MY GUILT IS GONE.

Here are some steps to getting free from guilt:
  • Confess your sins. Tell God, He already knows anyways, what you've done and that you are sorry for it. Ask for forgiveness. If we do this according 1 John 1:9, God is faithful to gives us what we ask for... forgiveness!
  • Confess your sins to a leader in your life (parent, youth leader, pastor, mentor) James 5:16 tells us that when we confess to each other we are healed. Healed from what? The guilt and weight of our mistakes. It also says that then our prayers become effective because we are righteous and we can overcome much.
  • Walk it out. Many people are forgiven and free, but thoughts creep into their minds about their past and they begin to choose to feel guilty and they allow the devil to heap condemnation on them. When you feel guilty for something you've already repented for declare the Word. Say out loud if you have to "I've confessed my sins, so I am forgiven, I am in Christ, so I do not accept this condemnation!" Don't receive it!
  • Go and sin no more. Now that you've confessed and are forgiven, don't do it again. Walk in the power God has given you over sin. Not falling into it again will help you no longer feel guilty. Do like Jesus said to the woman who was about to be stoned for her mistakes and Jesus forgave her, "Woman your sins are forgiven you, now go and sin no more."
  • Believe the promise of His Word. You have to believe that when God says you are forgiven and that your guilt is gone it is. I love this scripture, Psalm 103:12, David writes, "He has removed our sins as far from us as teh east is from the west." Your sins, your past failures and mistakes are gone, erased by the blood of Jesus. Now believe it and walk it out!
Today is your day for freedom from guilt and condemnation. Jesus paid for your freedom on the cross, now receive it and no longer be held captive by it! Your destiny is too important for you not to walk in freedom!

No comments: