7/20/08

How do I receive the Holy Spirit? Part 1

The very first experience in receiving the Holy Spirit is at salvation. The Holy Spirit draws you to a place where you recognize the need for salvation. Revelation 3:20 says that he stands at the door and knocks and if anyone hears my voice and opens the door I will come in. The Holy Spirit knocks on the door of your heart and when you open it He comes in.

Ephesians 2:1 tells us that we are dead in our sins. When we receive Jesus we come alive in the Spirit of God. This is what it means to be born again. We receive the Holy Spirit when we are born again. Our spirit comes alive when the Holy Spirit comes into us. Love, joy and peace come alive. Faith comes alive. A knowledge of sin and righteousness come alive when the Spirit of God comes into our lives.

How do I receive the Holy Spirit? Respond to his knocking and receive Jesus into your life as Lord and Savior, then the Holy Spirit will flow into you and you will be born again.

If you've never received Jesus before pray this prayer and tell someone you prayed it;

Jesus, I open the door of my heart and invite you in. I ask you to forgive me of all my sin and cleanse me of all unrighteousness. I believe in my heart that you are Lord and I confess with my mouth that God raised from the dead. I receive you today, I am yours. Amen!

No comments: