8/29/08

My nieces and my LifeSavers Children's ministry experience



This previous weekend my wife and I had the honor of watching our twin nieces, Jordan and Taylor, while their parents went away for their anniversary. They are only a month old and they kept us up most of the night, but it was a lot of fun.

I have to say that our children's ministry is absolutely outstanding. This was my first experience ever bringing kids to church with me. You should have seen all the faces and heard all the questions we got as people thought they were ours. :-) It was priceless.

Anyways, the check-in experience was swift and informative, the drop off was warm, the people welcomed us and I felt comfortable leaving them there (it's a little scary when they are not your own), in fact I felt peace because of the high quality of our volunteers. They took great care of them during service and they were sleeping peacefully when we picked them up. We have an incredible Children's ministry and I know when I have kids of my own (many, many months down the road) I will feel safe and at peace leaving my kids there!

No comments: