8/2/08

What would Jesus watch, listen to, play….

Read: Matthew 4:19; John 14:6

"Come follow me and I will make you..." When we ask Christ into our life He begins to make us into His disciples. He begins to make us into the image of himself. In fact the world Christian means little Christ's. We are called to be copy's of Jesus. Now, Jesus was perfect, can we be perfect? Not on this earth, but we can sure try and that's what we are supposed to do.

Jesus, being perfect, had incredibly high standards. He never sinned. When we talk about choices and standards of media we have to ask ourselves what would Jesus do (that was so corny)? Seriously though. When we are considering listening to a song, watching a movie/TV show, playing a video game or getting on a website we need to ask ourselves these questions:
  • Would I want my parents knowing about this?
  • Would I want my spouse knowing about this? (if you are married)
  • Would Jesus watch, listen, play, permit this?
  • Would I want my pastor to know about this?
  • Would I want my Christian friends knowing about this?
  • Could I stand on the stage and tell the whole church about this?
If the answer to any of those questions are no. That is a good indication you should not participate in this no matter how funny it looks, how fun it seems or anything else. Your holiness and destiny is not worth being put off by entertainment.

Above is the standard for evaluating your choices of media. If you are unsure don't be afraid to ask one of the above people what they think about your choice in media.

Prayer: Give me a standard and desire to be like Jesus.

No comments: